Už niekoľko rokov sa s pravidelnou presnosťou zúčastňujeme Oblastných pretekov v kráľovnej športu – v atletike. Aj 23. mája si naši žiaci a žiačky obuli tretry a zapojili sa do náročného, avšak zaujímavého zápolenia a získavania bodov pre svoje…

Už niekoľko rokov sa s pravidelnou presnosťou zúčastňujeme Oblastných pretekov v kráľovnej športu – v atletike. Aj 23. mája si naši žiaci a žiačky obuli tretry a zapojili sa do náročného, avšak zaujímavého zápolenia a získavania bodov pre svoje družstvo, pre svoju školu. Súťažili celkovo v siedmich disciplínach a v štafete. Radi by sme vyzdvihli niektoré individuálne výkony a výsledky našich žiakov.

Zápis prvákov 07.03.2018

Zápis prvákov od 4.4. - 30.4. v čase od 7.45 - 15.00

Zápis prvákov od 4.4. - 30.4. v čase od 7.45 - 15.00

Otváracíe hodiny bazéna nájdete v časti Bazén.

Otváracíe hodiny bazéna nájdete v časti Bazén.

19.12.2017, Utorok

7.C - projekt

History

At the beginning of the 12th century area of Eastern Slovakia was incorporated into the Kingdom of Hungary. The first written mention of Presov is the document of King Bela IV. of 1247. In the same century, in 1299, King Andrew III. To Presov town privileges, which extended King Louis I. in 1374, to Presov became a free royal town. In the 14th and 15th century, the city experienced extraordinary economic boom, based here guilds (furriery, blacksmith, tailor, shoe, etc.) and at that time there were about two thousand people dealing with predominantly craft.

In 1455 the town was given by King Ladislaus its first urban character. Due to the economic prosperity of the city 15th century meant the development of the construction industry, which was reflected in the splendid architecture of townhouses.

 

Evanjelic college

•     Near the temple of the holy Trinity building stands one of the most important educational institutes and definitely the most important monument of protestant education in our cultural history.

•       The college building has the rich tradition of urban humanistic school, where in addition to several important personalities a short time there worked and J. A. Komenský.In the half of the 17. century the school was attended by poets Jakob Jakobeus and Ján Bocatius and philosophers Izák Caban, Ján Bayer and Eliáš Ladiver. In the 17 century also Commenius attended this colege, he has memorial tablet on the buildig.

•       In 19. century the school was attened by important Slovak poet Pavol Országh Hviezdoslav, playwright and rebel Jonáš Záborský and many more.

•       In 19. century the school was attened by important Slovak poet Pavol Országh Hviezdoslav, playwright and rebel Jonáš Záborský and many more.

•        

Caraffa´s prison

The name of the building was given in the time of the bloody slaughter-house of Prešov in 1687. Based on an unjust verdict of a Caesarean general Antonio Caraffa from Naples (1642-1693), 24 Hungarian yeomen and burghers were executed.

One of the few preserved gothic sights in Prešov is situated at the back part of the Town Hall on the Jarková street. It was used as Prešov´s wine pub, lately it became a prison and torture chamber. It was supposed that during the bloody Prešov´s slaughter in 17. century convicts were awaiting their faith there but in fact that had never happened.

 

Cathedral of St. Nicholas

Cathedral of St. Nicholas in Prešov is one of the oldest and most important churches in Slovakia. External dimensions concathedral are 54.7 m in length, 34.45 in width. The height of indoor boat is 16 mA tower reaches a height of 71 meters. The temple is a late Gothic hall-type building (height of all ships is the same) with three ships, three presbyters, with network and star vaults.

Main feature of the Hlavná street. It was built in ghotic style, with rich decorated windows. Inside is baroque altar from the end of 17. cent, renaissance – baroque organ and renaissance font from the red marble. The tower is opened for public, it offers beautiful view on the town.

The church was built in the mid 14th century in the widest part of the square, based on an earlier

sacral buildings from the 13th century as

a spacious three nave.

A fire in 1418 delayed construction .

but in the years 1420 to 1440 continued the construction of the church.

 

Statue of the St. Trinity

•       The dominant feature of the northern part of the square is restored baroque column Immaculata, surrounded by a small park. Citizens of the cityincorrectly call itTrinity.

•       Here stood from March to September 1687 Prešov scaffold bloody crimes.There currently Jesuits gave r. 1751 of not completely obvious reasons (possibly to eradicate the tradition of Presov slaughter and Protestant martyrs) to build a statue of the Immaculate. 

•       Sandstone sculpture in the form of a three-part base with four statues of saints is the work of an unknown artist. The dominant forms of art gilded statue of the Madonna and child, crown and scepter. Of the original sculpture on a pedestal have been preserved only sculpture of St. And St. Nicholas. John of Nepomuk. Heavily damaged and weathered sculpture was restored in1967, the latest in the year 1995-1997.

 

Solivar - Historical Buildings

 

u  It is a historical production, mining, towing and processing complex retained in style of the 18th century and early 19th century. The original village Salt Mine became a local part of Prešov.

u  Today Salt Refinery, respectively. municipality Salt Mine is attested from 1230. Salt Spring states in 1288, from the 14th century is a family owned Sosovcov, later king. The salt was obtained by evaporation, respectively. boiling brine. Since 1572, however, began with the extraction of rock salt in the pit Leopold. During this period, because of the transport timber into the brewing built several kilometers long navigable canal from the river Delna to Solivar.

 

Neptun´s fountain

Jewis people were not very welcomed in Prešov in the past. The first written mention about them is from the year 1530. Because they ment strong competition for local businesmen, it was very difficult to get into the town for them.

The break point happened only in the 18. century when the first Jewish citizen settled inside the city, businessman Mark Holländer. Being thankful from the given trust he had built the Neptun´s fountain on the square. Till today it is on of the most beautiful and important sights of the town.

 

Cultural centre Cierny Orol

Black Eagle In the southern part of the square, on the eastern side of the Main Street is embedded a block of representative urban buildings, called Black Eagle.

The base of the complex was a two-storey burgess house of Thomas Cascher, which the city bought in 1561 and adapted it for a representative inn. In urban writings it was referred to as publicum diversorium (public inn). In 1602 a stall for 28 horses was built, what was very convenient for travelers passing through the town.

In 1833 the first theater building for the German theater company was built in the courtyard. It was a small, detached atrial building with a small porch, which had only 46 seats and a few lodges. New Prešov Theater, led by directors Hornstein and Justh, was inaugurated on 21 January 1834

PKO – Cierny Orol is used for cultural and social activities in the city. It Organizes classical music concerts, performances of professional and amateur artists, programs for children and youth, educational concerts.

Hall of the Cierny Orol is for its historical character popular place for organizing weddings, graduations ceremonies, balls, graduations and other social events.

 

Bosak´s bank

At the corner of Main and currently Levocska street was in 1923-1924 build an exhibition ArtNouveau building, originally designed for the purposes of a financial institution.  Its construction was carried  by Ing. V. Glasz. The name came after Michael Bosak, Slovak emigrant from the village of Okruhle, which in a short time developed into one of the leading American bankers. In the US, owned several banks, was a member of the boards of several banks, for example: Bank of America in New York, First National Bank in Olyphant. In addition, M. Bosak signed on May 30, 1918 the Pittsburgh Agreement, under which Slovakia should have in the future Czech-Slovak State autonomous status.  In the year of  1920 founded the American-Slovak bank in Bratislava, which had 9 branches.  One of them was in Presov.

*10. December 1869, Okruhle

 – † 18. February 1937,  Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA.

 In 1897 he founded a private bank Michael Bosak Privat Bank and shipping Agency. In 1902 he became a member of the Board of First National Bank in Olyphant and in few years became a president.  In June 25, 1907, as a president of the Bank, he signed the American tanner.

 

Town Hall

The historical building of Prešov's town-hall is situated in the eastern part of the square, opposite the Neptunius fountain, and amidst the built-up area on Main Street.

The original town-hall was originally situated in a different place. It was a self-standing two-storey stone building, situated to the south from the parish church, approximately in the area where currently the Monument of the Red Army in the park is situated. The municipal authorities moved out of the building for unknown reasons (probably because of the destruction caused by fires) to the contemporary place of residence of the town council in the course of the 17th century.

The last reconstruction was made after the Great Fire in 1887. In this period one more storey in a late Baroque mood was added to it and the roof was reconstructed. The town council contributed to modern Slovak and Central European history in 1919. On June, 16, 1919, the so-called Slovak Republic of Councils was proclaimed from the balcony of this building after the occupation of the city and the large part of East Slovakia by the Hungarian Red Army. The National City Council resided here after 1945, after 1990 it became a residence of the City Council. The building was added to the list of the national cultural sights in 1961.

 

Rakoczi´s palace

The fates of Presov in 17th-18th century were more than in any other city of the Eastern  Slovakia (except perhaps Kosice) connected to a powerful family Rakocziand its prominent personalities. Rakoczi´s residence, as a memory of those turbulent times, is still excludes the east side of Hlavna Street (house no. 86) compared to the Roman Catholic church.

History of the palace has been since its inception closely linked with the history Rakoczi´s family. In 1633 it took place in the negotiations between the representatives of the Transylvanian prince George I. Rakoczi and the Emperor Ferdinand II., completed (also here) signing Presov peace. In April 1701, after the disclosure of plans for a new anti-Habsburg uprising, the Habsburg authorities imprisoned in the palace of Francis II. Rakoczi, which previously arrested in his mansion in the Velky Saris. In a few years, during the uprising, then became the residence of the leader of the resistance. After 1711, was confiscated and had several owners. reconstruction of the palace to its original Renaissance style. Curently, the Regional Museum is housed in the building.

 

Jewish synagogue

Synagogue is situated in one of the side streets in the historical center. It was built in the half of the 19. century in Maur style. Building itself and the decorations are done so well that they make Prešov´s synagogue one of the most vulnerable jewels of this architecture in Slovakia. Therefore at the beginning of 1990´s, American Jews from Los Angels wanted to buy it, took it to pieces and bring to USA. But they met huge disagreement of the Jewish inhabitants of Prešov, that´s why the synagogue stayed on its place. Inside you can find Museum of Jewish culture

Before World War II Prešov also had a large Jewish population of 4,300 and housed a major Jewish museum. During 1939 and 1940 the Jewish community absorbed a flow of Jewish refugees from Nazi occupied Poland, and in 1941 additional deportees from Bratislava. In 1942 a series of deportations of Prešov's Jews to the Nazi death camps in Poland began. Plaques in the town hall and a memorial in the surviving synagogue record that 6,400 Jews were deported from the town under the Tiso government of the First Slovak Republic. Only 716 Jewish survivors were found in the city and its surrounding when it was liberated by the Soviet Red Army in January 1945.

 

The church of the St. Cross (Calvary)

Ideal tip for accidentally free hour or two is the walk on the Calvary. Many Prešov´s inhabitants are in love with this place, they go there for Sunday walks with kids or whenever without reason, to have a look on the things „from above“. This baroque church was built in the 18. century and is very well visible from many places in Prešov.

It stands on the hill on the western part of the town, it has red colour with bright white contours. To the church leads calm, easy route, combination of stairs and small hills, passing the flowerbeds and chapels in the peaceful surroundings. In front of the church are places to sit and silently watch the life of the whole city. During the good weather the view is wonderfull, all three castles around Prešov are visible from here, as well as all the neighbourhoods and historical centre.